Old 02-14-2008, 07:48 PM
"geoffrey froner"

Default screensaver problem

I'm running Ubu 7.10 on an IBM ThinkCentre.* When the screensaver has been running for about 15 minutes it then becomes a black screen.* Does anyone know the reason for this?

geoffrey

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 PM
"Ashley Benton"

Isn't it in the settings? I think you can decide how long you want the screen saver to show then the screen goes black and wake up if you touch your mouse or keyboard.
Meg

Old 02-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Steve Cook

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 15:48 -0500, geoffrey froner wrote:
> I'm running Ubu 7.10 on an IBM ThinkCentre. When the screensaver has
> been running for about 15 minutes it then becomes a black screen.
> Does anyone know the reason for this?
>
> geoffrey

It's switching the screen off.

steve

Old 02-14-2008, 08:01 PM
"Ashley Benton"

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean that you have to push the button to turn your screen back on? Do you need to restart your computer?
Meg

Old 02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
"Ashley Benton"

Sorry I was working while answering I didn't see that the posts were not from the same person.
Meg

Old 02-14-2008, 08:54 PM
"geoffrey froner"

I can select how long the computer remains idle before the screensaver begins but I havent seen anything allowing how long the ss will be on.* To return to the screen only takes a button or a mouse move. The screensaver type can be selected as well and it is not blank.

Geoffrey

*

Old 02-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Steve Cook

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 16:54 -0500, geoffrey froner wrote:
> I can select how long the computer remains idle before the screensaver
> begins but I havent seen anything allowing how long the ss will be on.
> To return to the screen only takes a button or a mouse move. The
> screensaver type can be selected as well and it is not blank.
>
> Geoffrey

System > Preferences > Screensaver > Power Management

Steve

Old 02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
"geoffrey froner"

Power Management is set so that neither the computer nor the display in 'never' put to sleep.* So it must be something else.*

Geoffrey

Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Rich Rudnick

geoffrey froner wrote:
> Power Management is set so that neither the computer nor the display in
> 'never' put to sleep. So it must be something else.
>
> Geoffrey
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Steve Cook
> <yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com <mailto:yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>

> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 16:54 -0500, geoffrey froner wrote:
> > I can select how long the computer remains idle before the screensaver
> > begins but I havent seen anything allowing how long the ss will be on.
> > To return to the screen only takes a button or a mouse move. The
> > screensaver type can be selected as well and it is not blank.
> >
> > Geoffrey
> >
> System > Preferences > Screensaver > Power Management

It may be the monitor itself, try commenting the DPMS line in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:37 PM
"Brittany Geek"

Isn't this set in two different places?