Old 07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

Default Blank screen after installing and updating the Avast antivirus

I know i am asking a strange question on list.Well Still i hope for reply .I had no other choice.

I have system with ubuntu and xp installed.I installed and updated avast on xp and then i rebooted the system to xp.After rebooting xp gave the blank screen.My icons,files etc from desktop were passed away.Screen was blank.

I cannot lose my data.Please somebody help to fix it.

*Thank you !!
*amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Alan Pope

On 27 July 2011 14:30, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know i am asking a strange question on list.Well Still i hope for reply .I
> had no other choice.

I disagree. There's plenty of Windows support forums around the place.
I'd urge you to try those avenues rather than use an Ubuntu support
form for something which is purely a Windows problem.

Al.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Billie Walsh

I know i am asking a strange question on list.Well Still i hope for
reply .I had no other choice.

I have system with ubuntu and xp installed.I installed and updated avast
on xp and then i rebooted the system to xp.After rebooting xp gave the
blank screen.My icons,files etc from desktop were passed away.Screen was
blank.
I cannot lose my data.Please somebody help to fix it.

Thank you !!
amritpalpathak.blogspot.com <http://amritpalpathak.blogspot.com>

The first thing you should do is boot into Ubuntu and copy whatever
files you have to have from your XP.

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin -

_ _... ..._ _
_._ ._ ..... ._.. ... .._

Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

I know i am asking a strange question on list.Well Still i hope for

reply .I had no other choice.

I have system with ubuntu and xp installed.I installed and updated avast

on xp and then i rebooted the system to xp.After rebooting xp gave the

blank screen.My icons,files etc from desktop were passed away.Screen was

blank.

I cannot lose my data.Please somebody help to fix it.

*Thank you !!

amritpalpathak.blogspot.com <http://amritpalpathak.blogspot.com>

The first thing you should do is boot into Ubuntu and copy whatever files you have to have from your XP.
* ** Yes.You are right.