Old 07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

Default How to completly un-install apache2 from ubuntu ?

I want to un-install apache2 from ubuntu system.How can i do it ?

*
*Thank you !!
*amritpalpathak.blogspot.com

Old 07-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Alan Pope

On 26 July 2011 17:39, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to un-install apache2 from ubuntu system.How can i do it ?

sudo apt-get remove --purge apache2

Al.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Amrit Pal Pathak

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:

On 26 July 2011 17:39, Amrit Pal Pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to un-install apache2 from ubuntu system.How can i do it ?

sudo apt-get remove --purge apache2
*
Thank you.But i think my system has some problem.When ever i issue any command from terminal it says.

sudo: /etc/sudoers is mode 0777, should be 0440
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting**

* ** And i am unable to login as root by "sudo -i",it gives the password failure*

*** error but i had already use the same password for login.So due to it i am not
**** able to change the permission for sudoers*

Old 07-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Nils Kassube

Amrit Pal Pathak wrote:
> > Thank you.But i think my system has some problem.When ever i
> > issue any
> >
> > command from terminal it says.
> > sudo: /etc/sudoers is mode 0777, should be 0440
> > sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
> >
> > And i am unable to login as root by "sudo -i",it gives the
> > password
>
> failure
> error but i had already use the same password for login.So due to
> it i am not
> able to change the permission for sudoers

Use the recovery mode at the boot prompt or use a LiveCD to change the
permissions.

Nils