Old 07-25-2011, 09:26 PM
"Seiji Sam Lee"

Default installation CD

Hi everybody, I am new in this list; so be patient
;-)

Â*

I have done an installation CD (natty) from an
alternative installation CD. Well, it is nice and preseed are a good idea.

Â*

But it will be perfect if the pool subdirectory was
updated with the last packet’s version; I miss something like “update-pool”
in the top of the CD.

Â*

Are there a documentation where I could learn to
update pool directory in a installation CD?

Â*

Thanks in advance: Seiji.

Â*

Â*

Â*

Old 07-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Jacob Mansfield

you mean like installing the latest verions of packages, rather than the versions on the CD?Jacob Mansfield

ProgrammerCyberKing Solutions™

--
Air conditioned environment - do not open windows!

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.SeeÂ*http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 PM
"Seiji Sam Lee"

sipe!!!

Â*

Natty alternate install
CD come withÂ* *.deb with a date of (imagine) Feb, so use this CD requires an
update/upgrade after install.

I would like to install
my CD and not need an update/upgrade after that ;-)

Â*

Â*

Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Jacob Mansfield

the best way to do that would be with a web install. the best guide I can find is at�https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/NetbootInstallFromInternet

Jacob MansfieldProgrammer

CyberKing Solutionsďż˝--

Air conditioned environment - do not open windows!

See�http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Old 07-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Tom H

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob@gmail.com> wrote:

> the best way to do that would be with a web install. the best guide I can
> find is
> at*https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/NetbootInstallFromInternet

(Please quote *something* when you're replying to a post.)

You can also download "mini.iso" through the "cdimage" URL referred to
at the page above:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/

Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 AM
Colin Law

On 25 July 2011 22:49, Seiji Sam Lee <seijisamlee@gmail.com> wrote:
> sipe!!!
>
> Natty alternate install CD come with* *.deb with a date of (imagine) Feb, so
> use this CD requires an update/upgrade after install.
>
> I would like to install my CD and not need an update/upgrade after that ;-)

Even if you made a CD with the latest packages on it, five minutes
later it could be out of date and would still require update/upgrade
to get the new latest versions.

Colin

Old 07-26-2011, 02:18 PM
"Seiji Sam Lee"

Yes, but it's better for a classroom instalation ;-) (once a year)