Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 AM
user1

Default could not login to my netbank using usb cable using firefox 5

I am a customer of one of Swedens biggest banks, using 10.10 and firefox 5
I can login without using usb cable.
Then I wanted to change to login using usb cable as it is much easier to
use.
I installed all necessary bank software but culd not login.
Then I called the banks support, and was told to use firefox 3.6
Then I gave up, and now I have changed to using opera and that works,
seems to me to be the only browser for linux that works for above problem.
Besides my firefox 5 does always give a lot of problems on lots of
webpages, showing lots of text almost on top of each other making it very
difficult to read, this problem I have seen for a long time also on
earlier versions of firefox.
It really is a very serious problem I find.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Fang Dong

I am a customer of one of Swedens biggest banks, using 10.10 and firefox 5

I can login without using usb cable.

Then I wanted to change to login using usb cable as it is much easier to

use.

I installed all necessary bank software but culd not login.

Then I called the banks support, and was told to use firefox 3.6

Then I gave up, and now I have changed to using opera and that works,

seems to me to be the only browser for linux that works for above problem.

Besides my firefox 5 does always give a lot of problems on lots of

webpages, showing lots of text almost on top of each other making it very

difficult to read, this problem I have seen for a long time also on

earlier versions of firefox.

It really is a very serious problem I find.

Hej,
Maybe you should reinstall the firefox and try it again. I haven't tried to use usb cable to connect to the web service. I'm the customer of Nordea and it seems don't�support login by using e-legitimation in linux environment.�

About the font problem, have you tried to change the font and size? �
Good Luck!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Basil Chupin

I am a customer of one of Swedens biggest banks, using 10.10 and firefox 5
I can login without using usb cable.
Then I wanted to change to login using usb cable as it is much easier to
use.
I installed all necessary bank software but culd not login.
Then I called the banks support, and was told to use firefox 3.6
Then I gave up, and now I have changed to using opera and that works,
seems to me to be the only browser for linux that works for above problem.
Besides my firefox 5 does always give a lot of problems on lots of
webpages, showing lots of text almost on top of each other making it very
difficult to read, this problem I have seen for a long time also on
earlier versions of firefox.
It really is a very serious problem I find.

It is just a little bit difficult to provide you with an answer to the
serious problem which you are faced with because of the lack of
information you provide, but seeing that you are a customer of "Swedens
biggest banks" have you tried using the Elevator Cable rather than the
very simple usb cable?

Or, alternatively, why not just continue to use opera? "If it ain't
broke, why fix it?".

BC

--
Paradise is like Hell and neither is too far from you because both are creations of your mind and therefore both are already inside you.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:23 PM
user1

>> Then I wanted to change to login using usb cable as it is much easier
>> to use.
The usb cable is connected to a special card reader both supplied by the
bank.
Yes, until further I will use opera webbrowser when doing banking :-)

>>webpages,
>> showing lots of text almost on top of each other making it very
>> difficult to read,
It helped to change fonts - thanks.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM
user1

>>>webpages,
>>> showing lots of text almost on top of each other making it very
>>> difficult to read,
> It helped to change fonts - thanks.

Some webpages still not showing properly in firefox, tried serif and size
9

If I make the size smaller I have difficulty reading the text.

Here is a such webpage:

http://reg.accelacomm.com/servlet/Frs.frs?
Context=LOGENTRY&Source=webcaster_0725&Source_BC=1 14&Script=/LP/51365186/
reg&

Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM
user1

Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 15:33 +0000, user1 wrote:
> > It helped to change fonts - thanks.
>
> Some webpages still not showing properly in firefox, tried serif and size
> 9
>
> If I make the size smaller I have difficulty reading the text.
>
> Here is a such webpage:
>
> http://reg.accelacomm.com/servlet/Frs.frs?
> Context=LOGENTRY&Source=webcaster_0725&Source_BC=1 14&Script=/LP/51365186/
> reg&

If you have a scroll-wheel mouse, just press control + scroll wheel down
to increase the font on the fly by zooming in. scroll wheel towards you
(up?) to zoom out. Not sure which direction is up and down, but play
with it, you'll see. My LCD monitors have text resolution for crap
compared to my old monster CRT. So I do this a bunch. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 07-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Colin Law

On 25 July 2011 16:33, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
>> It helped to change fonts - thanks.
>
> Some webpages still not showing properly in firefox, tried serif and size
> 9
>
> If I make the size smaller I have difficulty reading the text.
>
> Here is a such webpage:
>
> http://reg.accelacomm.com/servlet/Frs.frs?
> Context=LOGENTRY&Source=webcaster_0725&Source_BC=1 14&Script=/LP/51365186/
> reg&

You could ask by getting reg.accelacomm.com to fix the html on that
page. Differences between rendering with different browsers is often
caused by invaild html. See
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Freg.accelacomm.com%2Fservle t%2FFrs.frs%3FContext%3DLOGENTRY%26Source%3Dwebcas ter_0725%26Source_BC%3D114%26Script%3D%2FLP%2F5136 5186%2Freg%26&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&d octype=Inline&group=0

Colin
Colin

Old 07-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Colin Law