Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
stan

Default How can I install msttcorefonts withut net access

I have a machine that can not connect directly to the net. I am able to
install most packages on it, by using apt-proxy on a machine that does have
Internet access.

But when I try to install the msttcorefonts package it wants to directly
download files from sourceforge. I can manually download these files with
the machine that has net access, but where do I put them on the isolated
machine, so that apt-get install knows they are already there?

Thanks.

programs.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Paul

I have a machine that can not connect directly to the net. I am able to

install most packages on it, by using apt-proxy on a machine that does have

Internet access.

But when I try to install the msttcorefonts package it wants to directly

download files from sourceforge. I can manually download these files with

the machine that has net access, but where do I put them on the isolated

machine, so that apt-get install knows they are already there?

All apt-get is for is to download the packages.* You then install them with the -install switch.

Download the actual package, put it on a thumbdrive and then sneaker-net it to the other machine and install it manually.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/x11/msttcorefonts

Old 02-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Ranmadhu

stan wrote:
> I can manually download these files with
> the machine that has net access, but where do I put them on the isolated
> machine, so that apt-get install knows they are already there?

You can save the .deb file anywhere you want. Then run sudo dpkg -i
<.deb file> to install it.

Ranmadhu

Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 PM
"Jason Brooks"

Download the actual package, put it on a thumbdrive and then sneaker-net it to the other machine and install it manually.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/x11/msttcorefonts

This is an odd package -- it doesn't contain the MS core fonts. It takes you through a scripted download of the fonts.

I'd install the package on a machine with net access, scoop up all the relevant *.ttfs , and install them on your disconnected machine by dropping them in your fonts folder.

*