Old 07-24-2011, 04:15 AM
"Clint Tinsley"

Default Audio CD Mount Point, 11.04, Unity, Artistx

FWIW, I made some progess on this.* The mount point is ~/.gvfs/cdda on sr0

Obviously, this is a hidden folder and not browseable by most of the CD applications I tried. However, it does show up in file manager as a cdda://mount.* Banshee behaves strangely, if I try to open banshee from a audio file, I get an error of cannot find banshee-1.* If I fire off Banshee from one of the two application icons provided (one of the icons is doesn't start the application and I need to look into it), it starts up and I can play the CD using Banshee and Banshee does display all the CD information properly including the Album cover.

It is interesting that cd's are mounted as cdda where DVD's are mounted properly under media, using a true mount point and show up in the mount command where cdda mounts do not.

*