Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 PM
don fisher

Default Help with WICD

I have a problem with WICD starting the wired interface with static IP
addresses. When I bring it up using DHCP, it works. When I use static
IPs it fails.

If I run ifdown and then ifup on the port it suddenly springs to life
(output below). Is there some file that WICD is denied access to? I
think the data in my interfaces file matches what is in WICD.

sudo ifdown eth1
RTNETLINK answers: No such process
SIOCDELRT: No such process

sudo ifup eth1
ssh stop/waiting
ssh start/running, process 9435

The ps output related to process 9435 has a ? mark in it!
153:4 0 9435 1 20 0 49312 2640 poll_s Ss ?
0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -D

Thanks for any help. This has been a real struggle for me.