Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM
william drescher

Default Changing the default font size on 10.04 server

How do I change the default font size on the consoles (10.04
server) ?

bill

Old 07-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Paulo Sampaio

I think:*dpkg-reconfigure console-data is the command for this, but please if you find yourself in front of such a problem firstly try to search for the answer by yourself, i believe you'll find lots of great thing besides the answer to that.*

Everytime a problem happens you ask for help or you try to solve it using your skills first? =]

Atenciosamente,
__
Paulo Sampaio

Old 07-23-2011, 07:50 PM
william drescher

I think: /dpkg-reconfigure console-data/is the command for this,
but please if you find yourself in front of such a problem
firstly try to search for the answer by yourself, i believe
you'll find lots of great thing besides the answer to that.

Everytime a problem happens you ask for help or you try to solve
it using your skills first? =]

I always beat my head against the wall for a few hours before
asking for help. I did not in this case as I didn't even have a
clue where to start.

bill

Old 07-23-2011, 07:52 PM
william drescher

I think: /dpkg-reconfigure console-data/is the command for this,
but please if you find yourself in front of such a problem
firstly try to search for the answer by yourself, i believe
you'll find lots of great thing besides the answer to that.

Everytime a problem happens you ask for help or you try to solve
it using your skills first? =]

william@ubuntu2:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data

Package `console-data' is not installed and no info is available.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: console-data is not installed

remember, this is on a server not a desktop.

I still don't have a clue.
bill

Old 07-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Tom H

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM, william drescher
<william@techservsys.com> wrote:
> On 7/23/2011 11:16 AM, Paulo Sampaio wrote:
>>
>> I think: /dpkg-reconfigure console-data/is the command for this,
>> but please if you find yourself in front of such a problem
>> firstly try to search for the answer by yourself, i believe
>> you'll find lots of great thing besides the answer to that.
>>
>> Everytime a problem happens you ask for help or you try to solve
>> it using your skills first? =]
>
> william@ubuntu2:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data
>
> Package `console-data' is not installed and no info is available.
> Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
> and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
> /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: console-data is not installed
>
> remember, this is on a server not a desktop.

dpkg-reconfigure console-setup

(Installing console-data will give you a larger selection of fonts;
it'll pull in console-common

Old 07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
william drescher

[...]

Thank you, that works

bill

Old 07-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Tom H

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 7:24 AM, william drescher
<william@techservsys.com> wrote:
> On 7/23/2011 4:13 PM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM, william drescher
>> <william@techservsys.com> *wrote:

>>> william@ubuntu2:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data
>>>
>>> Package `console-data' is not installed and no info is available.
>>> Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
>>> and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
>>> /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: console-data is not installed
>>>
>>> remember, this is on a server not a desktop.
>>
>> dpkg-reconfigure console-setup
>>
>> (Installing console-data will give you a larger selection of fonts;
>> it'll pull in console-common
>>
> Thank you, that works

You're welcome. The file that controls the console fonts is
"/etc/default/console-setup" but if you edit it, you have to update
the initrd too.