Old 07-23-2011, 02:29 PM
william drescher

Default connecting via telnet (PuTTY)

On 7/22/2011 4:32 PM, william drescher wrote:

I just set up two new 10.04 servers without apparent error. When
I try to telnet in using PuTTY (or manually) the server does not
respond and I get a connection timeout message.

I am obviously missing something.
Suggestions please.

bill

I appreciate the help so far, but I am still unable to connect.
Any suggestion up to and including sprinkling pixie dust over the
servers would be appreciated.

bill

Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Paulo Sampaio

Are the servers and yout client on the same network?*Can you ping the servers?
Make sure that every computer is on and belongs to the same network.*

If all above is working, check if there is any firewall restriction, proxy server blocking the route to the servers.

Atenciosamente,
__
Paulo Sampaio

Old 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Jacob Mansfield

have you installed an ssh server onto them?are you suing the correct username?Jacob Mansfield

ProgrammerCyberKing Solutionsā„¢

Air conditioned environment - do not open windows!

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.SeeĀ*http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html