Old 02-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Rick Berger

Default want to reduce management of windows with two desktops open on one screen

Hi, I would like to try the opposite of what people are doing with
multiple screen. That is to have two desktops side by side on one
screen. Why, well I bought a nice 1920 x 1200 24 inch Samsung SyncMaster
thinking all that real estate would be great. And it is, but it means
more moving and re-sizing of windows, which mean more use of the mouse,
an activity which is time consuming no matter how you do it when you
have hand dexterity issues. So I thought is, if I could have two
desktops open at the same time on one screen this would reduce a lot of
window management just by opening applications in either of the two
desktops.

Has anyone seen this done and can they share any suggestion or
references on how to do it?

Thanks
Rick Berger