FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:19 AM
scar
 
Default .local hostname is resolving to virbr0 IP address

for some reason my .local hostname is resolving the the IP address held
by the virbr0 interface, and i'd like it to rather resolve to the IP
address held by the eth0 interface. anyone know where that is
controlled and how to change it back?



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:21 AM
"Jordon Bedwell"
 
Default .local hostname is resolving to virbr0 IP address

On Fri, July 22, 2011 10:19 pm, scar wrote:
> for some reason my .local hostname is resolving the the IP address held
> by the virbr0 interface, and i'd like it to rather resolve to the IP
> address held by the eth0 interface. anyone know where that is
> controlled and how to change it back?

What is the output of:
cat /etc/hosts


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:25 AM
scar
 
Default .local hostname is resolving to virbr0 IP address

Jordon Bedwell @ 07/22/2011 10:21 PM:
> On Fri, July 22, 2011 10:19 pm, scar wrote:
>> for some reason my .local hostname is resolving the the IP address held
>> by the virbr0 interface, and i'd like it to rather resolve to the IP
>> address held by the eth0 interface. anyone know where that is
>> controlled and how to change it back?
>
> What is the output of:
> cat /etc/hosts
>

$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 cave localhost.localdomain localhost
127.0.1.1 cave

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
$



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-23-2011, 06:54 AM
"Jordon Bedwell"
 
Default .local hostname is resolving to virbr0 IP address

On Fri, July 22, 2011 10:25 pm, scar wrote:
> $ cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1 cave localhost.localdomain localhost
> 127.0.1.1 cave
>
> # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
> ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

There you go, add .local to your local-loop


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org