Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM
fred f

Default Path to Desktop directory when localized environment is used

Hi all,

How can I found out %subject% in script, because some localization
have changed the default ~/Desktop to localized names.

Thanks.

F.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Florian Diesch

Am Donnerstag, den 21.07.2011, 16:57 +0200 schrieb fred f
How can I found out %subject% in script, because some localization
have changed the default ~/Desktop to localized names.

xdg-user-dir DESKTOP

--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de>
<http://identi.ca/diesch/>

Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 PM
fred f

thanks for fast response, can I use this command for any usual distro
or it is ubuntu's "speciality".

Thanks,

F.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Florian Diesch

fred f <ffred69@gmail.com> writes:

>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Florian Diesch <diesch@spamfence.net> wrote:

>>> xdg-user-dir DESKTOP
>
> thanks for fast response, can I use this command for any usual distro
> or it is ubuntu's "speciality".

It's part of the xdg-user-dirs software package from
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs so it's not Ubuntu
specific.

I don't know if it's part of all major distros but as it's a quite
simple shell script you can just copy the code.

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/shell-scripts/>