Old 02-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Michael Neuffer

Default Fonts and Icons are rendered far to big

Package: firefox
Version: 3.0~b3+nobinonly-0ubuntu1
Severity: important

Fonts and Icons in menus and web pages are beeing rendered far to big,
giving the impression of working on a 640x480 screen while in reality working
on a 1920x1200 screen.

- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers hardy-updates
APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'), (500, 'hardy')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.24.1 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968) (ignored: LC_ALL set to C)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages firefox depends on:
ii firefox-3.0 3.0~b3+nobinonly-0ubuntu1 lightweight web browser based on M

firefox recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

Old 02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Karl Larsen

Michael Neuffer wrote:
> Package: firefox
> Version: 3.0~b3+nobinonly-0ubuntu1
> Severity: important
>
> Fonts and Icons in menus and web pages are beeing rendered far to big,
> giving the impression of working on a 640x480 screen while in reality working
> on a 1920x1200 screen.
>

> - System Information:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
> APT prefers hardy-updates
> APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'), (500, 'hardy')
> Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.24.1 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968) (ignored: LC_ALL set to C)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
>
> Versions of packages firefox depends on:
> ii firefox-3.0 3.0~b3+nobinonly-0ubuntu1 lightweight web browser based on M
>
> firefox recommends no packages.
>
> -- no debconf information

In firefox got to Edit - Preferences - fonts and adjust them to suit
you. Mine are made big because I'm 72 years old and don't see too good :-)

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 08:45 +0100, Michael Neuffer wrote:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
> APT prefers hardy-updates

So, you are mixing Debian and Ubuntu? I think you are on your own unless
some soul on the list needs to atone for previous sins

Old 02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Nils Kassube

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 08:45 +0100, Michael Neuffer wrote:
> > Debian Release: lenny/sid
> > APT prefers hardy-updates
>
> So, you are mixing Debian and Ubuntu?

I don't hink so. Mails to "Ubuntu Bug Tracking System" always show a
Debian release name although they all seem to come from Ubuntu systems.
Anyway, I would really like to know if these mails are analyzed by the
Ubuntu developers.

Nils

Old 02-15-2008, 04:42 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 22:35 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Mails to "Ubuntu Bug Tracking System" always show a
> Debian release

Oh, another reportbug victim. I didn't see that, thanks for the
heads-up. I wonder when this is going to be dealt with.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Derek Broughton

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 22:35 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Mails to "Ubuntu Bug Tracking System" always show a
>> Debian release
>
> Oh, another reportbug victim. I didn't see that, thanks for the
> heads-up. I wonder when this is going to be dealt with.

My bet is never. I can't understand why reportbug isn't simply removed from
Ubuntu...
--
derek

Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 22:35 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Mario Vukelic wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 08:45 +0100, Michael Neuffer wrote:
> > > Debian Release: lenny/sid
> > > APT prefers hardy-updates
> >
> > So, you are mixing Debian and Ubuntu?
>
> I don't hink so. Mails to "Ubuntu Bug Tracking System" always show a
> Debian release name although they all seem to come from Ubuntu systems.
> Anyway, I would really like to know if these mails are analyzed by the
> Ubuntu developers.
>

> Nils

Anyone know why the reportbugs come through here instead of going to
development? It seems like that would be the more likely place to get
them collected, wouldn't it.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Derek Broughton

Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 22:35 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Mario Vukelic wrote:
>> >
>> > So, you are mixing Debian and Ubuntu?
>>
>> I don't hink so. Mails to "Ubuntu Bug Tracking System" always show a
>> Debian release name although they all seem to come from Ubuntu systems.
>> Anyway, I would really like to know if these mails are analyzed by the
>> Ubuntu developers.
>
> Anyone know why the reportbugs come through here instead of going to
> development? It seems like that would be the more likely place to get
> them collected, wouldn't it.

Because that's what they've always done, and there's been a bug open about
it since Hoary (iirc).
--
derek