Old 07-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Barbara Tobias

Default Access to Remote Computer on Local Network

On 17 July 2011 01:54, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 07/16/2011 02:38 PM, Barbara Tobias wrote:
> Also, you are posting via gmail & every reply that you make starts a
new
> thread. I don't use gmail, but If you look through the archives you'll
> most likely find a thread telling you how to keep your replies to the
> same thread. Thanks.

@NoOp: Are my replies ok? I just hit Reply in gmail.

@Barbara: Are you just hitting Reply in gmail to reply or doing
something else?

Colin

First, the "go" and "view" and "F9" options all work. Thank you very
much.

I am copying the part that I want to include into a new email and
sending it to "ubuntu-users@liists.ubuntu.com." I am working through
Evolution.

Is there doc somewhere that indicates how I should reply to posts?

Barbara

Old 07-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Colin Law

On 17 July 2011 13:46, Barbara Tobias <barbtobias09@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am copying the part that I want to include into a new email and
> sending it to "ubuntu-users@liists.ubuntu.com." *I am working through
> Evolution.

You should just be able to click Reply when reading the message (I
don't use Evolution so don't know exactly where Reply is). By copying
it into a new mail you are breaking the thread as the new email has a
different id.

Colin

Old 07-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Barbara Tobias

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 18:34 +0000, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> > I am copying the part that I want to include into a new email and
> > sending it to "ubuntu-users@liists.ubuntu.com." ?I am working
> through
> > Evolution.
>
> You should just be able to click Reply when reading the message (I
> don't use Evolution so don't know exactly where Reply is). By copying
> it into a new mail you are breaking the thread as the new email has a
> different id.
>
> Colin

Thanks, Colin. I see how it works now.

When I hit reply, it comes up and says I am trying to reply privately
and the list is trying to redirect to the list itself. I choose "Reply
to List." Hope this works better.

Barbara