Old 07-17-2011, 11:49 AM
R Kimber

Default missing lib file

I'm trying to run a script that calls mplayer

mplayer -cache 2048 -bandwidth 9999999 -playlist ""$URL"" -vc null -vo null
-ao pcm:fast:waveheader:file="$NAME".wav

but I get a message saying error while loading shared libraries:
libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Synaptic says that libgtk1.2 has been has been obsoleted.

Is there anything I can do to make the script work?

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Old 07-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 07/17/2011 06:49 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> I'm trying to run a script that calls mplayer
> mplayer -cache 2048 -bandwidth 9999999 -playlist ""$URL"" -vc null -vo null
> -ao pcm:fast:waveheader:file="$NAME".wav
> but I get a message saying error while loading shared libraries:
> libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Synaptic says that libgtk1.2 has been has been obsoleted.
> Is there anything I can do to make the script work?

Uhm, either your OS or MPlayer is _really_ /really/ *really* out of date
GTK1 has been gone for quite some time. It's now GTK3 (or pre-11.04) v2

Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
sktsee

I'm trying to run a script that calls mplayer

mplayer -cache 2048 -bandwidth 9999999 -playlist ""$URL"" -vc null -vo null
-ao pcm:fast:waveheader:file="$NAME".wav

but I get a message saying error while loading shared libraries:
libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Synaptic says that libgtk1.2 has been has been obsoleted.

Is there anything I can do to make the script work?

- Richard

Usually Ubuntu provided mplayer versions are compiled without the
--enable-gui flag which means that mplayer won't have a dependency on
GTK or GTK2.0. I'm on 10.10 and I don't get that error message when
executing that command from your script in a terminal. Try putting
-nogui as your first commandline argument or see if your source provides
a non-gui enabled version.

--
sktsee

Old 07-17-2011, 09:22 PM
R Kimber

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:37:55 -0500
Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> On 07/17/2011 06:49 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> > I'm trying to run a script that calls mplayer
> > mplayer -cache 2048 -bandwidth 9999999 -playlist ""$URL"" -vc null -vo
> > null -ao pcm:fast:waveheader:file="$NAME".wav
> > but I get a message saying error while loading shared libraries:
> > libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory Synaptic says that libgtk1.2 has been has been obsoleted.
> > Is there anything I can do to make the script work?
>
> Uhm, either your OS or MPlayer is _really_ /really/ *really* out of date
> GTK1 has been gone for quite some time. It's now GTK3 (or pre-11.04) v2

Ah, thanks. I've found the problem. I had an old version
in /usr/local/bin which was overriding the 11.04 version.

- Richard