Old 07-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Colin Law

Default chromium-browser -incognito (start Google Chrome in Incognito mode by default) in Unity

On 16 July 2011 21:51, Sven Aluoor <aluoor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> With
>
> chromium-browser -incognito
>
> you start Google Chrome in Incognito mode by default. Howto give this
> argument (-incognito) in Unity launcher?

I think you can do this by modifying the Exec= line in
/usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop
You can use
gksu gedit /usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop to edit it.
Make a note of what you do in case you need to put it back, or keep a
copy of the original. I think the change will be immediate once you
edit it.

Colin

Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Sven Aluoor

Thanks Colin that was it.

root@umbux:/usr/share/applications# pwd
/usr/share/applications
root@umbux:/usr/share/applications# grep incognito chromium-browser.desktop
Exec=/usr/bin/chromium-browser -incognito %U

cheers Sven