Old 07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Jordon Bedwell

Default Update hardware?

On 07/15/2011 06:18 AM, Rodney V wrote:
> I have graphics difficulty when using 11.04 on a factory default
> Dell inspiron 1545. Should I update my hardware?

And the graphics card would be?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Jordon Bedwell

Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Avi

Rodney V wrote:

> I have graphics difficulty when using 11.04 on a factory default Dell
> inspiron 1545. Should I update my hardware?

Probably not, but it depends. What is "graphics difficulty"? Do you
know what your graphics card is, and whether you're using the
proprietary drivers or not?

--
Avi

Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Avi

Old 07-15-2011, 11:55 AM
"Rodney V"

No, but I am using Mobile Intel 4 express chipset family. The problem I am
having is that I get "Black blocks" that obscure small parts of the screen
when using GNOME.

Rodney V.