FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Jesse Palser
 
Default Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?

On 07/13/2011 09:04 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:

On 07/13/2011 08:39 PM, NoOp wrote:

On 07/13/2011 05:02 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:

Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?

Hi,

I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bit.
I've installed the Linux driver for LightScribe
and installed "LightScribe Simple Labeler"
but want to add picture to disc and above program only does text.

Can someone recommend a program (free or paid)
that can do both LightScribe text and graphics?

...
You apparently forgot to read:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LightScribe>

For images use lacie:
Download the LaCie 4L Labeler utility "deb package" software.

You can insert images from that application.


LaCie 4L DEB won't install on my 64bit Ubuntu.
What do I do to install it?

Thanks

Jesse


Hi Again,

I downloaded the DEB file, but when I try to install in terminal I get this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jezlee@Dell-XPS420-JetFire:~/Desktop$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture
4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb

dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
(Reading database ... 185563 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace 4l:i386 1.0-r6 (using 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement 4l:i386 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of 4l:i386:
4l:i386 depends on libc6 (>= 2.6-1).
4l:i386 depends on libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0).
4l:i386 depends on libfreetype6 (>= 2.3.5).
4l:i386 depends on libgcc1 (>= 1:4.2.1).
4l:i386 depends on libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1).
4l:i386 depends on libx11-6.
4l:i386 depends on libxcursor1 (>> 1.1.2).
4l:i386 depends on libxext6.
4l:i386 depends on libxi6.
4l:i386 depends on libxinerama1.
4l:i386 depends on libxrandr2 (>= 2:1.2.0).
4l:i386 depends on libxrender1.
dpkg: error processing 4l:i386 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
4l:i386
jezlee@Dell-XPS420-JetFire:~/Desktop$
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I make this work on my 64bit Ubuntu 11.04 ?
Thanks!

Jesse



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-14-2011, 02:00 AM
NoOp
 
Default Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?

On 07/13/2011 06:39 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
> On 07/13/2011 09:04 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>> On 07/13/2011 08:39 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>> On 07/13/2011 05:02 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
>>>> Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bit.
>>>> I've installed the Linux driver for LightScribe
>>>> and installed "LightScribe Simple Labeler"
>>>> but want to add picture to disc and above program only does text.
>>>>
>>>> Can someone recommend a program (free or paid)
>>>> that can do both LightScribe text and graphics?
>>> ...
>>> You apparently forgot to read:
>>> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LightScribe>
>>>
>>> For images use lacie:
>>> Download the LaCie 4L Labeler utility "deb package" software.
>>>
>>> You can insert images from that application.
>>>
>> LaCie 4L DEB won't install on my 64bit Ubuntu.
>> What do I do to install it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jesse
>>
> Hi Again,
>
> I downloaded the DEB file, but when I try to install in terminal I get this:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jezlee@Dell-XPS420-JetFire:~/Desktop$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture
> 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
...
sudo dpkg -i --force architecture 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 AM
NoOp
 
Default Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?

On 07/13/2011 07:00 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/13/2011 06:39 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
...
>> I downloaded the DEB file, but when I try to install in terminal I get this:
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> jezlee@Dell-XPS420-JetFire:~/Desktop$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture
>> 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
> ...
> sudo dpkg -i --force architecture 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
>
>

$ sudo dpkg -i --force architecture 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
[sudo] password for gg:
dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
Selecting previously deselected package 4l.
(Reading database ... 311310 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking 4l (from 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb) ...
Setting up 4l (1.0-r6) ...



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Jesse Palser
 
Default Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?

On 07/13/2011 10:00 PM, NoOp wrote:

On 07/13/2011 06:39 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:

On 07/13/2011 09:04 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:

On 07/13/2011 08:39 PM, NoOp wrote:

On 07/13/2011 05:02 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:

Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?

Hi,

I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 64bit.
I've installed the Linux driver for LightScribe
and installed "LightScribe Simple Labeler"
but want to add picture to disc and above program only does text.

Can someone recommend a program (free or paid)
that can do both LightScribe text and graphics?

...
You apparently forgot to read:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LightScribe>

For images use lacie:
Download the LaCie 4L Labeler utility "deb package" software.

You can insert images from that application.


LaCie 4L DEB won't install on my 64bit Ubuntu.
What do I do to install it?

Thanks

Jesse


Hi Again,

I downloaded the DEB file, but when I try to install in terminal I get this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jezlee@Dell-XPS420-JetFire:~/Desktop$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture
4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb

...
sudo dpkg -i --force architecture 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb


Hi,

Tried that and same output with errors.
Anyone know how to make this work?

Jesse

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-14-2011, 02:28 AM
NoOp
 
Default Software To Burn LightScribe Disc?

On 07/13/2011 07:02 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/13/2011 07:00 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On 07/13/2011 06:39 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
> ...
>>> I downloaded the DEB file, but when I try to install in terminal I get this:
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> jezlee@Dell-XPS420-JetFire:~/Desktop$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture
>>> 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
>> ...
>> sudo dpkg -i --force architecture 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
>>
>>
>
> $ sudo dpkg -i --force architecture 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
> [sudo] password for gg:
> dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
> package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
> Selecting previously deselected package 4l.
> (Reading database ... 311310 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking 4l (from 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb) ...
> Setting up 4l (1.0-r6) ...
>
>
>

Forgot to add that after you install:

$ 4L-gui

Will bring up the gui for the application.




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org