Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 PM
R Kimber

Default NVidia Driver Message

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:44:45 -0500
MirJafar Ali wrote:

> But when I go to Administrator->Additional Drivers. I see that NVidia
> Accelerated Graphics Driver with green
> button on, but below I also see that "This driver is activated but not
> currently in use. I am confused with
> this message. Can someone explain what does this mean and what I should
> do ? Am I missing something ?

This is a known bug, and I believe it is in the process of being fixed. The
driver seems to work normally.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Old 07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
melgramb

Probably you are. The message tell you that the hardware doesnt work propely. Try driver ubuntu development. Good luck.

Από το iPhone μου

13 Ιουλ 2011, 0:44, ο/η MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com> *γραψε:

Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 PM
MirJafar Ali

Probably you are. The message tell you that the hardware doesnt work propely. Try driver ubuntu development. Good luck.

Από το iPhone μου

13 Ιουλ 2011, 0:44, ο/η MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com> *γραψε:

> Hello,

> I have installed NVidia Geforce 460 with Ubuntu 11.04 machine and glxinfo correctly identifies that NVidia

> card is installed.

> But when I go to *Administrator->Additional Drivers. I see that NVidia Accelerated Graphics Driver with green

> button on, but below I also see that "This driver is activated but not currently in use. I am confused with

> this message. Can someone explain what does this mean and what I should do ? Am I missing something ?

> Mir.

But Cuda codes are working at good speed.

Mir