Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Wipe_Out

Default Error when running a script with cron.

Hi,
I have written a basic bash script to stop and restart xinetd as part of a cleanup routine for a server we run.. When run from a prompt it runs perfectly.. I have scheduled it to run every night as a cron job and every night I get an email with the following error..

/etc/init.d/xinetd: 75: start-stop-daemon: not found
/etc/init.d/xinetd: 75: start-stop-daemon: not found

I can't figure out why..

Can anyone give me any ideas??

The script is simply..

#!/bin/basheval "service xinetd stop"sleep 5< run cleaup commands >sleep 5eval "service xinetd start"exit

Thanks for any thoughts..