Old 07-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Larry Alkoff

Default How to install Ubuntu on MIB byte boundaries ?

I would like to install Ubuntu on MIB byte boundaries
so programs like cfdisk will run properly.

For some reason the install CD of Ubuntu 10.04 does not do that
and cfdisk always complains and doesn't display partition information.

Should I first run gparted on an empty drive, then install the drive in
the normal way with the already set partitions?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Larry Alkoff

Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 PM
"compdoc"

>For some reason the install CD of Ubuntu 10.04 does not
>do that and cfdisk always complains and doesn't display
>partition information.

I guess partition byte boundaries wasn't an issue back when 10.04 came out.
11.04 and the current tools like gparted, etc. do automatically account for
the problem.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Larry Alkoff