Old 07-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Default HP Compaq d530 No Sound

Hi. My HP d530 has no sound with a fresh install of 11.04. A live CD of 8.10 works fine.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Asif Iqbal

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:16 AM, <molaxp@aol.com> wrote:
> Hi. My HP d530 has no sound with a fresh install of 11.04. A live CD of 8.10
> works fine.

install gnome-alsamixer and make sure the setting are ok.

you could try

`sudo apt-get install gnome-alsamixer'
gnome-alsamixer and your setting should be something link the image
attached here

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 22:28 -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:16 AM, <molaxp@aol.com> wrote:
> > Hi. My HP d530 has no sound with a fresh install of 11.04. A live CD of 8.10
> > works fine.
>
> install gnome-alsamixer and make sure the setting are ok.
>
> you could try
>
> `sudo apt-get install gnome-alsamixer'
> gnome-alsamixer and your setting should be something link the image
> attached here

Also install pavucontrol. Pulse rides on top of alsa. So, crank up
alsamixer and make sure nothing is muted and the volumes are set to at
least 80%. Then crank up pavucontrol and do the same. Everything should
go peachy. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 08-07-2011, 03:07 PM

Thanks t everybody!

The internal sound is working perfect right now. The only thing not working is the hibernate option. The machine reset itself while being booted after the hibernate option is selected to shutdown the PC.