Old 07-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Roy Strachan

Default Create local repo

You asked how to create a local mirror. I gave you three software
products which are designed to do that.

apt-mirror, debmirror and squid-deb-proxy all work in different ways
but do similar things, as in, cache deb files on your network.

Al.

I originally set up using apt-mirror but it uses a ridiculous amount of
disk space and bandwidth since it grabs everything - including the
kitchen sink. I'm now using apt-cacher-ng and really like the way it
works. It only caches the stuff I deliberately download for one of my
computers, then it is available locally for any of the others. I
download only what I actually use... once.

Roy