Old 07-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Jesse Palser

Default Best Laser Printer For Ubuntu 11.04 ?

Best Laser Printer For Ubuntu 11.04 ?

Hi,

I am looking for the best Laser Printer for my Ubuntu 11.04.
Best means that the Laser Printer is fully supported by 11.04.
Can some of you give suggestions?

I need a good printer because I am making portfolios of my work
to send to game companies in New York City.

Thanks!

JeZ+Lee

Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Jesse Palser

I am looking for the best Laser Printer for my Ubuntu 11.04.
Best means that the Laser Printer is fully supported by 11.04.
Can some of you give suggestions?

I need a good printer because I am making portfolios of my work
to send to game companies in New York City.

Thanks!

JeZ+Lee

Sorry, forgot to mention it needs to be color.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 PM

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 17:48, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> I need a good printer because I am making portfolios of my work
> to send to game companies in New York City.

Realistically, if it's that important, you should pay a professional
to print it up for you. I wouldn't rely on consumer grade printers
for work that I was intending to use to get a job or sell my art or
whatever. You get what you pay for.

Now, as for printers, I've always had good luck with Brother laser
printers. Brother has provided drivers for Linux for a very long
time, far longer than other printer makers. I've got an all-in-one
from Brother now that prints just fine (though I haven't managed to
get booklet printing working just right yet). However, aside from
that, my MFC printer does what I need it to do and I've used it across
several different Distros and versions.

Cheers
Jeff

Old 07-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Stephen Kuhn

On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 17:48 -0400, Jesse Palser wrote:
> Best Laser Printer For Ubuntu 11.04 ?
>
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for the best Laser Printer for my Ubuntu 11.04.
> Best means that the Laser Printer is fully supported by 11.04.
> Can some of you give suggestions?
>
> I need a good printer because I am making portfolios of my work
> to send to game companies in New York City.
>
> Thanks!
>
> JeZ+Lee

Brother HL-2140.
Absolutely smashing!

--
yankdownunder
reg'd linux user #267497

Old 07-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Matt Morgan

I am looking for the best Laser Printer for my Ubuntu 11.04.

Best means that the Laser Printer is fully supported by 11.04.

Can some of you give suggestions?

I need a good printer because I am making portfolios of my work

to send to game companies in New York City.

Thanks!

JeZ+Lee
I've had an HP Laserjet 2550 for a long time. It is not really fine quality, but it's pretty good. The main thing is, it's cheap and it's postscript.

I would guess that any true postscript printer would be pretty well supported, although I'd have less confidence in that recommendation if you're trying to do things like large format, double-sided, etc.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Carlos Alberto Alves

I need a good printer because I am making portfolios of my work
to send to game companies in New York City.

Realistically, if it's that important, you should pay a professional
to print it up for you. I wouldn't rely on consumer grade printers
for work that I was intending to use to get a job or sell my art or
whatever. You get what you pay for.

Now, as for printers, I've always had good luck with Brother laser
printers. Brother has provided drivers for Linux for a very long
time, far longer than other printer makers. I've got an all-in-one
from Brother now that prints just fine (though I haven't managed to
get booklet printing working just right yet). However, aside from
that, my MFC printer does what I need it to do and I've used it across
several different Distros and versions.

Cheers
Jeff

No problems at all running different HP printers on HPLIP.
;-)