Old 07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Masoud n

Default GNOME update-manager package

(Ubuntu 11.04 32bit on Dell inspiron n5010)

I don't exactly know how to report a bug on this mailing list. Any way since the time I installed the google talk plugin I keep encountering this massage when ever I start the update manager.

Could not initialize the package information

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_talkplugin_deb_dists_stable_ma in_binary-i386_Packages, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.'

Hope it helps.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Avi

Masoud n wrote:

> (Ubuntu 11.04 32bit on Dell inspiron n5010)
>
> I don't exactly know how to report a bug on this mailing list.

This mailing list isn't really the place to report bugs, though it's a
reasonable place to discuss them.

The easiest way to report bugs is with the ubuntu-bug tool, which you'd
invoke in a terminal like so:

ubuntu-bug update-manager

It will collect some information about the version of update-manager
you are using and its dependencies, and then open a Launchpad page for
you where you can file the bug. You do need to have an account on
Launchpad to use to file the bug, though.

--
Avi