Old 07-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Curious experience with Maverick/Natty/home directory

On 09/07/11 14:04, Ric Moore wrote:

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 18:53 -0700, MR ZenWiz wrote:

I'm just wondering what kind of gross environment muck-up could cause
that kind of havoc - which control/config files in my home directory
could make so much trouble and disable so many things.

That's why I made the comment to not just slam your old config files
back. My past experience has been fraught with peril doing that. Nor am
I propellerhead enough to know just what goes on with the package
changes and their config files when they are upgraded... so it just
scares me silly. I run a clean install each time, because of this
phenomena. And I let it "soak" for awhile (heh heh), smoke a leetle
cigar, and look for what seems so objectionable that I cannot bear it,
before I go about fixing it back to suit my personal preferences.

IMHO, like sex, you have to romance it a bit, and not just dive in. God
only knows which old config file will work on the next go-round, ya
know? But, at the rate things go around here, I'd expect all sorts of
changes to be afoot, and be verwy verwy careful, hehhehhehhehhehheh.
It's a wascully wabbit. Just look at Unity. Need I say more?? Just wait
until they replace X11. I pray there will not be a KDE5 any time
soon. Ric

KDE4.7 is already at the RC1 stage I believe.

BC

--
God must love crazy people. He keeps making so many of them.