Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Pop Horea

Default UMPlayer should be added to Ubuntu Software Center

Hello,my name is Pop Horea and I'm from Romania.I'm using Ubuntu since 1 year ago.You should check this : * * *http://www.umplayer.com/It is very good video player and it could be added to Ubuntu Software Center.Thank you !--

Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Pop Horea

Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Fri, July 8, 2011 18:04, Pop Horea wrote:
> Hello,
> my name is Pop Horea and I'm from Romania.
> I'm using Ubuntu since 1 year ago.
> You should check this : * * *http://www.umplayer.com/
> It is very good video player and it could be added to Ubuntu Software
> Center.

The procedure for adding new packages to Ubuntu is described on this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages

You can do this yourself, or you can ask the author of the software to do
this. In any case, *someone* will have to do something, and preferably
it's someone who knows the software very well.

Meanwhile I've seen that there is a .deb package for Debian/Ubuntu. That's
a good thing, it will make things a lot smoother.