Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 PM
NoOp

Default Presentation Templates for OpenOffice

On 07/07/2011 02:11 PM, Kipton Moravec wrote:
> I was looking at the presentation templates for open office and tried to
> download new ones the first four places Google sent me do not work.
>
> http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/10
>
> http://templates.services.openoffice.org/
>
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/modern-impress-templates
>
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/SunTemplatepack_1
>
> Is the site down?

Yes. Both of those resolve to:
$ host extensions.services.openoffice.org
extensions.services.openoffice.org is an alias for oooapps.osuosl.org.
oooapps.osuosl.org has address 140.211.166.72
$ host templates.services.openoffice.org
templates.services.openoffice.org is an alias for oooapps.osuosl.org.
oooapps.osuosl.org has address 140.211.166.72
[Oregon State University]

It's pingable, but currently refusing any http connections. Maybe...
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
is the issue.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Dave Stevens

Quoting Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>:

I was looking at the presentation templates for open office and tried to
download new ones the first four places Google sent me do not work.

http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/10

http://templates.services.openoffice.org/

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/modern-impress-templates

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/SunTemplatepack_1

Is the site down?

Kip

seems to be gone, whois doesn't find it.

Dave

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
Krishnamurti

Old 07-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 16:50 -0700, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Quoting Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>:
>
> > I was looking at the presentation templates for open office and tried to
> > download new ones the first four places Google sent me do not work.
> >
> > http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/10

I don't think there is such a thing as openoffice.org anymore. They're
busily burning down the house on what used to be Sun's old wiki's and
docs for older projects, closed and/or no longer there. There was an
entire series of templates for creating multi-fold pamphlets that got
gone. What a waste of useful knowledge. Luckily the Wonderland project
picked itself up, left with the source code and re-opened on their own,
after the staff got canned by Oracle and the project dumped. The beauty
of the GPL was they could leave and take it all intact with them.

Linux user# 44256

Old 07-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Dave Stevens

Quoting Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com>:

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 16:50 -0700, Dave Stevens wrote:

Quoting Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>:

> I was looking at the presentation templates for open office and tried to
> download new ones the first four places Google sent me do not work.
>
> http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/10

I don't think there is such a thing as openoffice.org anymore. They're
busily burning down the house on what used to be Sun's old wiki's and
docs for older projects, closed and/or no longer there. There was an
entire series of templates for creating multi-fold pamphlets that got
gone. What a waste of useful knowledge. Luckily the Wonderland project
picked itself up, left with the source code and re-opened on their own,
after the staff got canned by Oracle and the project dumped. The beauty
of the GPL was they could leave and take it all intact with them.

I looked a bit more and there are some here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Downloads/Templates

that you might check out

Dave

Linux user# 44256