Old 07-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Douglas Pollard

Default Ubuntu crashes rendering video

Hi all, I have been having a problem with OpenShot Video editor
crashing when rendering video. Thought the problem was in the video
program but found Pitivi and Cinelerra does the same. I have an Asus
mother board, about year 2006 with only 1G ram. I need to check with
asus to see if the motherboard will run more ram. Ubuntu is being
crashed by the video programs and I have Debian on another drive and It
will also crash when rendering.
The programs up until about 2 weeks ago have been running fine.
before I run out and buy more ram does anyone have any other
suggestions. I have been able to convert from one file type to
another using WinFF. I am not sure if that fits the definition of
rendering or not. Doug