Old 07-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

Default How to create local repo in my local network?

I want to create local repo in my local network. To install packages in different pc's and for UCK. How I can do it?----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Follow Me Twiter
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

Old 07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Alan Pope

On 7 July 2011 16:53, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor <ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to create local repo in my local network. To install packages in
> different pc's and for UCK. How I can do it?

Either apt-mirror, debmirror, or squid-deb-proxy.

Al.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

I don't Understand what you are saying. Please describe in short.----------------------------------------------------------

Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Alan Pope

On 7 July 2011 17:27, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor <ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't Understand what you are saying. Please describe in short.

You asked how to create a local mirror. I gave you three software
products which are designed to do that.

apt-mirror, debmirror and squid-deb-proxy all work in different ways
but do similar things, as in, cache deb files on your network.

Al.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

Thanks,

Can you give me some tutorial?* It will be helpful for me.----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Follow Me Twiter
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

> Can you give me some tutorial?* It will be helpful for me.

It would be more helpful if you just googled for each product and the
word "tutorial".

Al.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
NoOp

<http://www.google.com/search?&q=help.ubuntu+%2Blocal+mirror&btnG=Search>

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Rsyncmirror
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Debmirror
<http://popey.com/blog/2006/10/24/Creating_an_Ubuntu_repository_mirror_with_apt-mirror/>

Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 17:47 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 7 July 2011 17:40, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor <ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you give me some tutorial? It will be helpful for me.
>
> It would be more helpful if you just googled for each product and the
> word "tutorial".

God Alan, you're such a NICE PERSON. I just wrote a reply blistering his
ass and figured I'd look and see what other responses he received. "more
helpful" ... that was good. If I could, I'd just send the Internet to
his email box and let him look through it.

Noor, Alan probably bit his tongue until it bled, being nice to you.
Don't expect for that to continue. I suggest you start googling ... as
we do, like real quick, before the rest of this list really loses
patience. You ARE expected to search for answers ALL ON YOUR OWN first,
here on this list. When that fails and you detail what you have tried,
then you will get more respect.

Do not ask for help on tar balls or software from other sources. They
will always have their own email list for such problems, and if they
don't, then the software is probably she-it to begin with and still a
waste of our time. I'm out of my pain meds and feeling a little sharp.
But, you really really need to search for answers, all on your
own ...especially on the SIMPLE STUFF! Please, sin no more. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 07-08-2011, 03:46 AM
FireSam

or..�http://lmgtfy.com/?q=help.ubuntu+%2Blocal+mirror

Old 07-08-2011, 04:02 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 22:40 +0600, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Can you give me some tutorial? It will be helpful for me.

if I knew in advance that I would spend my last day on earth writing YOU
a nice step by step tutorial, when you could just as easily google and
get the very same thing for your own self, I'd blow my brains out, right
now.

Linux user# 44256