Old 07-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Sherin George

Default Is it safe to run tune2fs -c -1 -i 0 /dev/sda2 on mounted file system

Thanks রিং,

I would prefer to avoid this on servers since I can't afford that
much down time.

Still, I want ubuntu to catch erros if there is a crash. So, I don't
want to put fsck count as 0 in fstab.

George

Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Tom H

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Sherin George <list@sheringeorge.co.cc> wrote:

> Is it safe to run tune2fs -c -1 -i 0 /dev/sda2 *on mounted file system

It's safe (whether it's recommended is ...).

Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Avi

Sherin George wrote:

> Is it safe to run tune2fs -c -1 -i 0 /dev/sda2 on mounted file system

Yep.

--
Avi

Old 07-09-2011, 01:54 AM
MR ZenWiz

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Sherin George <list@sheringeorge.co.cc> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it safe to run tune2fs -c -1 -i 0 /dev/sda2 *on mounted file system
>
> Basically, this is a command to disable fsck based on reboot count &
> last fsck time.

It is generally inadvisable to cross-post question like this to
multiple OS groups.

Yes, you can disable fsck this way, but why would you not use the
controls to customize it to suit your needs instead?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Avi

MR ZenWiz wrote:

> Yes, you can disable fsck this way, but why would you not use the
> controls to customize it to suit your needs instead?

tune2fs *is* using the controls to customize it to shut his needs,
isn't it?

--
Avi