Old 07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
drew einhorn

Default Bad video settings durning boot

This is on a natty box.
While the system is booting the video starts out being displayed normally while the bios is in control. *Then it switches to some inappropriate setting that my display is unable to handle. *Once the system comes up the xorg.conf results in nice working video.

Most the time this is just an annoyance. *But if something doesn't go quite right during the boot. *I'm blind and can't see the console output. *Often in this case the situation would be trivial if I could see. *

I probably just need a magic incantation somewhere.
--
Drew Einhorn

"You can see a lot by just looking."
* --* Yogi Berra