Old 07-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Joseph Loo

Default MSI A350

I have MSI A350 with 2 Gbytes of memory. I tried to use the ubuntu
install disk both live and start the installation on AMD 64 it version.
Both methods terminates in a user prompt. However when I try to do the
installation with the 32 bit version there is no problem.

I tried both a CD and a flash drive. I checked the flash drive and there
was no errors on the disk nor on the CD.

Is there a problem w/Ubuntu. I can not think of a way of installing
ubuntu at this time.

--
Joseph Loo
jloo@acm.org

Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 AM
NoOp

On 07/05/2011 07:43 PM, Joseph Loo wrote:
> I have MSI A350 with 2 Gbytes of memory. I tried to use the ubuntu
> install disk both live and start the installation on AMD 64 it version.
> Both methods terminates in a user prompt. However when I try to do the
> installation with the 32 bit version there is no problem.
>
> I tried both a CD and a flash drive. I checked the flash drive and there
> was no errors on the disk nor on the CD.
>
> Is there a problem w/Ubuntu. I can not think of a way of installing
> ubuntu at this time.

No clue what an "MSI A350" is. Perhaps you can provide us with details?

Old 07-06-2011, 03:17 AM
glenn opdycke-hansen

Was the install image (cd) tested before the install was attempted?

--glenn

Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

I think that Main Board doesn't support 64 Bit.----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Follow Me Twiter
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

Old 07-06-2011, 04:16 AM
sdavmor

I have MSI A350 with 2 Gbytes of memory. I tried to use the ubuntu
install disk both live and start the installation on AMD 64 it
version. Both methods terminates in a user prompt. However when I
try to do the installation with the 32 bit version there is no
problem.

I tried both a CD and a flash drive. I checked the flash drive and
there was no errors on the disk nor on the CD.

Is there a problem w/Ubuntu. I can not think of a way of installing
ubuntu at this time.

I've used a lot of MSI mobos and that one doesn't ring a bell. Off the
top of my head I'm thinking that it's an older 32bit mobo. If so you
are out of luck. Newer MSI boards support at least 4gb (on up) and are
64bit o/s ready.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Kaj Haulrich

I have MSI A350 with 2 Gbytes of memory. I tried to use the ubuntu
install disk both live and start the installation on AMD 64 it version.
Both methods terminates in a user prompt. However when I try to do the
installation with the 32 bit version there is no problem.

I tried both a CD and a flash drive. I checked the flash drive and there
was no errors on the disk nor on the CD.

Is there a problem w/Ubuntu. I can not think of a way of installing
ubuntu at this time.

I solved the same problem on my MSI by booting with the option
"nomodeset". (At the boot screen, press F6 and choose options).

Kaj Haulrich.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Joseph Loo

I have MSI A350 with 2 Gbytes of memory. I tried to use the ubuntu
install disk both live and start the installation on AMD 64 it version.
Both methods terminates in a user prompt. However when I try to do the
installation with the 32 bit version there is no problem.

I tried both a CD and a flash drive. I checked the flash drive and there
was no errors on the disk nor on the CD.

Is there a problem w/Ubuntu. I can not think of a way of installing
ubuntu at this time.

No clue what an "MSI A350" is. Perhaps you can provide us with details?

MSI 350 mother board is an AMD Fusion Processor with integrated
graphics. It is an AMD process and my understanding it is AMD64
compatible processor. It did not come up as a non-amd 64 bit processor.

Yes I did check to make sure the image pass before starting the
installation or live CD version.

--
Joseph Loo
jloo@acm.org