FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Jordon Bedwell
 
Default Pulseaudio configuration?

Does anybody know how to set pulse audio to 24 or 32bit sound? I can't
for the life of me figure out how to do it and I can't remember either,
and it's really bugging me that my audio is so low quality when the
tracks are so high quality...

I must be able to shake my neighbors house from my own.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Ric Moore
 
Default Pulseaudio configuration?

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 16:26 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> Does anybody know how to set pulse audio to 24 or 32bit sound? I can't
> for the life of me figure out how to do it and I can't remember either,
> and it's really bugging me that my audio is so low quality when the
> tracks are so high quality...
>
> I must be able to shake my neighbors house from my own.

Are you using digital out stereo from your sound card? Just
install/crank up pavucontrol and select it for output. Other than that,
the only option would be to set the rate to 48000 somewhere, but
since .asoundrc is deprecated (?) maybe it can be set somewhere
in /etc/pulse?? Google is coming up with cruft written in 2009. Ric

ah! daemon.conf on my machine shows the default-sample-rate set to
48000. Is that for recording?? I think if you played around in that file
and dink with the nice values and fragments you might make it more
responsive at the cost of something else. How about just getting bigger
speakers, amp and turn up the volume??

--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Janne Jokitalo
 
Default Pulseaudio configuration?

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 02:01:24AM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
<snip>
> since .asoundrc is deprecated (?) maybe it can be set somewhere
> in /etc/pulse?? Google is coming up with cruft written in 2009. Ric

Hmm... might be deprecated, but still works. Of course, if it actually is, then
it will stop working at some point.

Anyhoo, just fixed a weird flash/other apps sound problem a while back with
~/.asoundrc setting pulse as the default driver. IMHO, it already should be, but
that fix worked, as in it made sound work simultaneously from several different
applications at the same time.

Sorry for little information to the OP, though...


--
Jaska

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Ric Moore
 
Default Pulseaudio configuration?

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 09:38 +0300, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 02:01:24AM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> <snip>
> > since .asoundrc is deprecated (?) maybe it can be set somewhere
> > in /etc/pulse?? Google is coming up with cruft written in 2009. Ric
>
> Hmm... might be deprecated, but still works. Of course, if it actually is, then
> it will stop working at some point.
>
> Anyhoo, just fixed a weird flash/other apps sound problem a while back with
> ~/.asoundrc setting pulse as the default driver. IMHO, it already should be, but
> that fix worked, as in it made sound work simultaneously from several different
> applications at the same time.

Huh, I don't have a .asoundrc file at all and it's working like a charm.
I made my changes to /etc/pulse files. A bunch of those alsa/pulse
HOWTOS are older than sin on the net. Ric

--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org