Old 07-04-2011, 11:05 PM
h4ck freak

Default How to access Internet Thro Blutooth modem

So this is Wat i have tried in my ubuntu , Used
hcitool scan to get my Bluetooth address , and i found successfully
closely look at my konsole terminal,

then i added my username in the dip group usin this command
"sudo useradd -G dip sure...ndar" , then i opened up a new knosole and typed the "sdptool browse"

then i
looked in the same terminal for "Service Name: Dial-up networking"
four
or five lines under that there will be a "channel:" entry write
thatknew number down. come to knew that is my dial up networking
bluetooth channel.

then i added my Blutooth address manually with this command

sudo rfcomm bind rfcomm0 {your bluetooth address} {your bluetooth channel}

after made a entry typed a "sudo pppconfig"

there
some screen poped up and let allowed me to create a Connection manually
for my Dial up, after enterd all the root name server and Secondary
IP(Address, Which is optional) ,i made a connection then after i pressed
alt+f2 for the connection window and it did not worked ?? why so ??

face the fact that we all have plenty to learn about this
field. Deal with the failures, use them as motivation, learn something
new every day.

*

Claiming false credentials and phantom skillsets will not get you far,
especially when 63248651487512645876531864 people in the universe know
how to use the internet

Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Follow Me Twiter
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Pritam Baral

The bluetooth-applet in the panel does a fair job of connecting to the internet through phone. While pairing, or "Set Up New Device", if it's recognised as a phone that supports it, it gives an option to "Use this Device to Connect to the Internet (DUN)".

I think the same DUN protocol should also work for bluetooth-modems.Regards,Chhatoi Pritam Baral