Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Reinier Millo Sanchez

Default Via/S3g Unicrome Pro IPG Drivers

I have installed ubuntu 11.04, mi computer have a video card Via/S3g Unicrome Pro IPG. When I open a video the session loggof me. I think thet the problem is the video card drivers. Some body know where are the drivers or sources for this video card in ubuntu 11.04.
Regards

Reinier Millo Sánchez
Ciencias de la Computación
Universidad Central de las Villas
... Siempre hay
(o -) un ojo que
ooO--(_)--Ooo- te ve.

-Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas. http://www.uclv.edu.cu
-Participe en Universidad 2012, del 13 al 17 de febrero de 2012. Habana.Cuba. http://www.congresouniversidad.cu
-Consulte la enciclopedia colaborativa cubana. http://www.ecured.cu/

Old 07-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 10:30 -0400, Reinier Millo Sanchez wrote:
> Via/S3g Unicrome Pro IPG

First off, the manufacturer's website gives a "bad response".

Google around. From what I read it's not a "card", it's an on-board
graphic chip set. Many say it sucks, and worse...

"The UniChrome II Pro chipset is integrated into the K8M800 and K8N800
chipsets from VIA. They offer a 200Mhz 128-bit DirectX 7 graphics engine
with 2 pixel pipelines. No support for pixel or vertex shaders is
included with this chip. It also lacks Hardware TnL which is part of the
DirectX 7 specification, so the chip should really be classed as DirectX
6. It also features a hardware-based MPEG2 decode engine.

The most recent games I've run on this chip were World of Warcraft and
Guild Wars. Both ran decently at 1024x768 but required that color depth
be turned down to 16-bit, textures at a minimum, and no other graphical
effects be allowed."

Took me about 30 seconds to find this stuff. Google is your friend, ya
know. If this is a desktop machine, get a real video card, like either
nVidia or ATI, if you want to rock and roll. But for God's sake, google
first on your problem. Ric

Linux user# 44256