Old 07-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Jose Diaz

Default Passwords and Encryption Keys

Hi everyone! a few months ago I finally had the time to learned the
how-to signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. I have been using Ubuntu for 3
years now, but I'm not very knowledgeable person when it comes to
signatures and encryption of emails.

Anyways, I created a PGP Key, sync my key to the Ubuntu key server and
proceeded to signed the CoC. A few weeks later I decided to jump from
Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 so I did a backup of my home directory =) and a
clean installed of Ubuntu.

Now, How do I get my private key back? If I understand correctly PGP
uses a private and public key. Is my private key somewhere in my backup?

Thank you!