Old 07-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Bill Stanley

Default text to speech program

I'm looking for a decent text to speech program. I've tried E-Speak in
the repository and I find it to be somewhat lacking. You can't stop in
the middle of a text file and resume later where you left. The "voice"
use is OK but If it could be changed would be nice. Also, one text
file I am using it to read is a story. Is there a program out there
that allows you use multiple "voices". Mmultiple voices could be nice
but, I realize this is probably not possible. How would the program
know which "voice" to use?u

I can program and maybe I could alter an existing program to recognize
certain annotations in the text file to determine which "voice" to use?
Of course I would need the source code if I were to make the
modifications. It would take a lot of time but being retired, I have a
lot of free time.

Bill Stanley