Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 AM
"Shahar Dag"

Default remote X (XDMCP) to Ubunru 10.04 server

Hello

*

I have a strange
problem with Ubuntu 10.04 sever (64 bit)

I installed the
computer with GUI.

When I am at the
console I can login into an X environment.

I can SSH to the
server & I can SSH –X so I can work with graphical application.

The only thing I
can't do is connect remotely with X (XDMCP). I tried connecting with Xceed,
Xming & MobaXterm all with the same result, failure to connect.

*

I will appreciate
any help

*

Thanks

Shahar
Dag

*

Old 07-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Nils Kassube

Shahar Dag wrote:
> I have a strange problem with Ubuntu 10.04 sever (64 bit)

> The only thing I can't do is connect remotely with X (XDMCP). I tried
> connecting with Xceed, Xming & MobaXterm all with the same result,
> failure to connect.

What display manager do you use? According to the release notes, the
Lucid version of GDM doesn't support XDMCP:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes#GDM_does_not_support_XDMCP>

Nils