Old 07-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Alain Muls

Default Hardware dongle

Hi All,

I am trying out a windows program under wine and virtualbox.
The program starts up fine in both cases, but it uses a USB dongle for
the license and can not find the dongle.
How can I make either one use the USB dongle so that I have not to
look for a windows PC to run the program.

Tx/Alain

Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

Which hardware U sue please mention.----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Follow Me Twiter
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

Old 07-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Stephen Kuhn

On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 12:39 +0200, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying out a windows program under wine and virtualbox.
> The program starts up fine in both cases, but it uses a USB dongle for
> the license and can not find the dongle.
> How can I make either one use the USB dongle so that I have not to
> look for a windows PC to run the program.
>
> Tx/Alain

Virtualbox allows you to "connect" USB devices to a VM...look in the
configuration for your VM - and as well, in the "status bar" at the
bottom of the VM window you can toggle the USB devices (or connect,
whatever)

--
yankdownunder
reg'd linux user #267497

Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Donkey Hottie

2.7.2011 13:51, Stephen Kuhn kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 12:39 +0200, Alain Muls wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying out a windows program under wine and virtualbox.
>> The program starts up fine in both cases, but it uses a USB dongle for
>> the license and can not find the dongle.
>> How can I make either one use the USB dongle so that I have not to
>> look for a windows PC to run the program.
>>
>> Tx/Alain
>>

> Virtualbox allows you to "connect" USB devices to a VM...look in the
> configuration for your VM - and as well, in the "status bar" at the
> bottom of the VM window you can toggle the USB devices (or connect,
> whatever)

Not the OSE-version, which I think is in Ubuntu repository. Have to
download the PUEL version and extras from Oracle site www.virtualbox.org

--

I've touch'd the highest point of all my greatness;
And from that full meridian of my glory