Old 07-01-2011, 03:03 PM
MirJafar Ali

Default Help mounting cdrom

Hello,

On my machine running Ubuntu 11.04, I am unable to get DVD working. After google search, I found that that
DVD is not mounted, and on google there are so many message that I got confused and still unable to get

the drive mounted. Can someone simplify and explain me how to make DVD work on Ubuntu ?

Thanks.

Mir

Old 07-01-2011, 04:12 PM
"Juan R. de Silva"

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:03:40 -0400, MirJafar Ali wrote:

<snipped>

> DVD is not mounted ...

<snipped>

> the drive mounted ...

<snipped>

the two statements above are slightly contradictory and thus confusing.
could you explain the problem a little better, please?

it then would be easier to suggest something.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Koh Choon Lin

> On my machine running Ubuntu 11.04, I am unable to get DVD working.
> After google search, I found that that
> DVD is not mounted, and on google there are so many message that I got
> confused and still unable to get
> the drive mounted. Can someone simplify and explain me how to make DVD
> work on Ubuntu ?*
Can you insert the DVD in and then type "mount" in the terminal.
Are you trying to watch a movie on DVD?

Regards
Koh Choon Lin

Old 07-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Albert Wagner

On 07/01/2011 11:12 AM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:03:40 -0400, MirJafar Ali wrote:

<snipped>

DVD is not mounted ...

<snipped>

the drive mounted ...

<snipped>

the two statements above are slightly contradictory and thus confusing.
could you explain the problem a little better, please?

it then would be easier to suggest something.

No, he said "...still unable to get the drive mounted"

I am guessing that he thinks that putting the dvd into the drive is
"mounting". He should read the man page for mounting: "man mount".