Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Frank McCormick

Default nore on T'bird

By clicking on the https link at the bottom of my own message.I
discovered the https link does work - it's apparently in the T'bird
setup under attachments ?? The http link is also there, BUT doesn't work
if the link is http. It does work if you change the http selection to
"always ask", then when you click a link in mail, you can pick a browser!!
This is really weird.

--
Cheers

Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Jim Byrnes

By clicking on the https link at the bottom of my own message.I
discovered the https link does work - it's apparently in the T'bird
setup under attachments ?? The http link is also there, BUT doesn't work
if the link is http. It does work if you change the http selection to
"always ask", then when you click a link in mail, you can pick a browser!!
This is really weird.

I am running Tbird 3.1.11 x86_64 edition and I have both https & http
set to "use Firefox". I can automatically open either one in Firefox
with no problems.

I have these settings in about:config:

network.protocol-handler.app.ftp;/home/me/firefox/firefox
network.protocol-handler.app.http;/home/me/firefox/firefox
network.protocol-handler.app.https;/home/me/firefox/firefox

if that helps.

Regards, Jim