Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM
amritpal pathak

Default couldn't install rar package in ubuntu ?

I have rar file and i just extracted it *and then tried to compile and install it as:sudo ./configure*(here it says "*sudo: ./configure: command not found")
Why?
configure file is present in source code.so why i couldn't install it.?
Thanks in advance*
amritpalpathakgne.wordpress.com*

Old 06-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Alan Pope

On 30 June 2011 15:07, amritpal pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have rar file and i just extracted it *and then tried to compile and
> install it as:
> sudo ./configure

You don't need sudo to run configure. What instructions are you following?

> Why?

Did you "cd" to the directory first?

What package are you compiling? Is the package not in the repository?

Al.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

I have rar file and i just extracted it *and then tried to compile and install it as:................................
configure file is present in source code.so why i couldn't install it.?

It will be ./confugure not sudo. First check that is there any configure file?----------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh
Follow Me Twiter

Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

Old 06-30-2011, 02:25 PM
amritpal pathak

yes config file is there check out following.
*amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ lsacinclude.m4 *bootstrap * * COPYING *INSTALL * * * *NEWS * * * * * *UPGRADEaclocal.m4 * *ChangeLog * * doc * * *KannelLICENSE *README
AUTHORS * * * configure * * example *Makefile.am * *rpmautotools * * configure.in *gw * * * Makefile.in * *sb-config.h.inamrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: Permission deniedamrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ sudo ./configure[sudo] password for amrit:*

Thanks*

Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

yes config file is there check out following.
*amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ lsacinclude.m4 *bootstrap * * COPYING *INSTALL * * * *NEWS * * * * * *UPGRADEaclocal.m4 * *ChangeLog * * doc * * *KannelLICENSE *README

AUTHORS * * * configure * * example *Makefile.am * *rpmautotools * * configure.in *gw * * * Makefile.in * *sb-config.h.in

amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: Permission deniedamrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ sudo ./configure[sudo] password for amrit:*

Give me the link please. I want to try.

*

Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM
amritpal pathak

yes config file is there check out following.
*amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ lsacinclude.m4 *bootstrap * * COPYING *INSTALL * * * *NEWS * * * * * *UPGRADEaclocal.m4 * *ChangeLog * * doc * * *KannelLICENSE *README

AUTHORS * * * configure * * example *Makefile.am * *rpmautotools * * configure.in *gw * * * Makefile.in * *sb-config.h.in

amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: Permission deniedamrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ sudo ./configure[sudo] password for amrit:*

Give me the link please. I want to try.
*i am doing it my own desktop.* *thanks*

Old 06-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Alan Pope

On 30 June 2011 15:25, amritpal pathak <amritpalpathak1@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes config file is there check out following.
> *amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ ls
> acinclude.m4 *bootstrap * * COPYING *INSTALL * * * *NEWS * * * * * *UPGRADE
> aclocal.m4 * *ChangeLog * * doc * * *KannelLICENSE *README
> AUTHORS * * * configure * * example *Makefile.am * *rpm
> autotools * * configure.in *gw * * * Makefile.in * *sb-config.h.in
> amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ ./configure
> bash: ./configure: Permission denied
> amrit@ubuntu:~/kannel/sqlbox$ sudo ./configure
> [sudo] password for amrit: