Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Kipton Moravec

Default HW Upgrade problems with Evolution and Firefox

I was having Motherboard problems and decided to upgrade my computer.

I moved my old disk to another 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, and re built
with a 64-bit 10.04 LTS with another disk drive.

I then tried to copy all of my /home/kip folder from the old disk to
the new disk. (I used the same login and account name.)

I am having problems with both evolution and firefox.

In evolution, none of the email account information work, even though
all of the .evolution directory seems to match. Even the data in
~/.evolution/mail/pop seems to match but none of them show up in the
evolution preferences. I did get all of the old email, but it seems to
be throwing a lot of email into junk before filtering.

In Firefox I lost all of my bookmarks. And my "remembered" passwords.
~/.mozilla seems the same.

What happened?
How do I fix it?

Kip