Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Joao Ferreira Gmail

Default disable accessibility on-screen keyboard in login window

Hello all,

my son's netbook uses Ubuntu 10 with gdm/gnome.

Accidentally he activated the "Use on-screen keyboard" accessibility
option at the login screen.

Now, on the right side a zoomed keyboard appears. On the left a smaller
keyboard appears. But I can not access the option to disable it.

I would like to put things back the way they were. Meaning, no on-screen
keyboard. Just the normal login window.

Is there some config file for this ? Is it gconf ?

thanks

Joao

Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Wes James

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Joao Ferreira Gmail
<joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> my son's netbook uses Ubuntu 10 with gdm/gnome.
>
> Accidentally he activated the "Use on-screen keyboard" accessibility
> option at the login screen.

<snip>

This might help:

http://ubuntuguide.net/onboardenable-simple-on-screen-keyboard-for-ubuntu-gnome