Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 PM
"Bob H."

Default re;re wireless in 10.10.

Thanx to all, but I think Nils is onto the solution. I'm not using a card, just a Belkin USB network adapter. They looked compatible in the store and looked easier to move around.*

Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Nils Kassube

Bob H. wrote:
> Thanx to all, but I think Nils is onto the solution. I'm not using a
> card, just a Belkin USB network adapter. They looked compatible in
> the store and looked easier to move around.

Well, it doesn't really matter if it is an internal card or an external
USB adapter. The problems may still be the same. Please have a look at
[1] and check if your adapter should be supported. You could also try
ndiswrapper [2] with the Windows driver for your adapter, I think that
should always work. And if you are now looking for a new wireless USB
adapter, have a look at [3] to find out which cards are supported.

Nils

[1] <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCardsBelki n#USB>
[2] <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper>
[3] <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported>