Old 06-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Frank McCormick

Default gnupg

I am running Thunderbird 3.1.11..and have downloaded and installed the
proper version of Enigmail...and reinstalled gnupg and gnupg2 (should
they both be installed ??). However the setup wizard from T'bird
Openpgp menu item cays it can't find the gnupg executable(s).
As I missing something ??

--
Cheers
Frank

Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Md Ashickur Rahman Noor

How you have install T'Bird?----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

Follow Me Twiter
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

Old 06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Karl Larsen

I am running Thunderbird 3.1.11..and have downloaded and
installed the

proper version of Enigmail...and reinstalled gnupg and gnupg2
(should

they both be installed ??). However the setup wizard from
T'bird

Openpgp menu item cays it can't find the gnupg executable(s).

As I missing something ??

--

Cheers

Frank

*** *** *** I use the Thunderbird that is set up for ubuntu. To do
this use apt-get like this:

$ sudo apt-get install thunderbird

It will install it and you go to Applications Internet to start it.

73 Karl

Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Scott Davies

Hi guys,
Pardon me jumping in without a solution, but I spied the GPG subject and got all excited.
Can anyone recommend some good books (yes, I know‚Ķbooks are so 20th century, but that's how I learn best), that cover GPG on Ubuntu in particular as well as the Unixes ? ¬*I have to support some Ubuntu boxes (hooray!), as well as Mac OS X 10.6.8 workstations.
Thanks guys,
Scott

Old 06-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Jordon Bedwell

http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html

Old 07-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Donald Talbert

On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 18:46 -0400, Scott Davies wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> Pardon me jumping in without a solution, but I spied the GPG subject
> and got all excited.
>

> Can anyone recommend some good books (yes, I know…books are so 20th
> century, but that's how I learn best), that cover GPG on Ubuntu in
> particular as well as the Unixes ? I have to support some Ubuntu
> boxes (hooray!), as well as Mac OS X 10.6.8 workstations.
>

> Thanks guys,
>

> Scott

You'd be surprised, books are probably the best way to learn about
computers and most technical guides I bought that are 500 - 1400 pages
come with a pdf so your not carrying a cinder block around with you
lol.

PGP & GPG: Email for the Practical Paranoid $16.13USD, never read it but
it has good reviews. Published date is 2006, so take note of that.
http://www.amazon.com/PGP-GPG-Email-Practical-Paranoid/dp/1593270712/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309510137&sr=1-1

--
Donald Talbert <donaldtalbert@gmail.com>

Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Scott Davies

Hi Donald,

On 11-07-01 4:50 AM, "Donald Talbert" <donaldtalbert@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 18:46 -0400, Scott Davies wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>

>> Pardon me jumping in without a solution, but I spied the GPG subject
>> and got all excited.
>>

>> Can anyone recommend some good books (yes, I know?books are so 20th
>> century, but that's how I learn best), that cover GPG on Ubuntu in
>> particular as well as the Unixes ? I have to support some Ubuntu
>> boxes (hooray!), as well as Mac OS X 10.6.8 workstations.
>>

>> Thanks guys,
>>

>> Scott
>
>You'd be surprised, books are probably the best way to learn about
>computers and most technical guides I bought that are 500 - 1400 pages
>come with a pdf so your not carrying a cinder block around with you
>lol.
>
>PGP & GPG: Email for the Practical Paranoid $16.13USD, never read it but
>it has good reviews. Published date is 2006, so take note of that.
>http://www.amazon.com/PGP-GPG-Email-Practical-Paranoid/dp/1593270712/ref=s
>r_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309510137&sr=1-1
>

>--
>Donald Talbert <donaldtalbert@gmail.com>

Yes, it's still books for me...and now, e-books. I split between Kindle
and PDF - PDF when I can and Kindle if it's only available in that format
and not another format and if the price is substantially lower. Not only
do I save a lot, but you're right...I'll actually have a back when I
retire, ha ha!

Thanks for mentioning this book. I saw it and wondered what anyone else
had thought. Thanks for pointing out the publish date. Some of the
examples in the official GNU handbook online that another poster in this
group mentioned appear dated as well, but that won't impact me in terms of
the fundamentals. For the bleeding edge, I will still consult online. At
this point, I'm working on laying the foundation.

Cheers,

Scott