Old 06-29-2011, 06:40 PM
"Bob H."

Default Wireless on 10.10

I have a Belkin G wireless router which barely works on any Linux I have, but works fine on my wife's XP. Before I start buying one each of every brand, has anyone found what works on Ubuntu? Thanx much; Bob H.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Billie Walsh

On 06/29/2011 01:40 PM, Bob H. wrote:
> I have a Belkin G wireless router which barely works on any Linux I
> have, but works fine on my wife's XP. Before I start buying one each
> of every brand, has anyone found what works on Ubuntu? Thanx much; Bob H.

I don't know that what OS your using has an effect on router
performance, but we have always used Linksys routers with good luck. We
usually replace the firmware with DD-WRT firmware.