Old 11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
"John Dangler"

Default Replacements

I'm reading up on some of the choices available in Ubuntu. An article I
went through on "the perfect desktop" says that a Audacious replaces
Rhythymbox, and MPlayer replaces totem. Are the replacements mentioned
_better_ than the default installs?

Thanks for any input...

Old 11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
"Steve Flynn"

On Nov 26, 2007 3:56 PM, John Dangler <jdangler@terremark.com> wrote:
> I'm reading up on some of the choices available in Ubuntu. An article I
> went through on "the perfect desktop" says that a Audacious replaces
> Rhythymbox, and MPlayer replaces totem. Are the replacements mentioned
> _better_ than the default installs?

Better is subjective. My "better" may not be your "better" - in fact
it almost certainly won't.

The only way to find out try is to them both and see which you prefer.

My personal take is to use VLC for video. I don't play any music in
Linux so I have no opinion on the better mp3/ogg software.

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0